16725 232nd Avenue Northeast, Woodinville, WA 98077
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /year
Are you looking for a real career? Do you like the thought of working with dogs?
We are looking for a strong dog enthusiast who is willing to work a variety of shifts (we are open 24/7) and is passionate about the world of dogs. We are not like any dog daycare or boarding facility around – we build relationships with the dogs. We’ll teach you the ins and outs of dog behavior, and their needs, as well their training, nutrition, medical and homeopathic care. In addition to the excellent interactive program with our clients and their pups, we have a very special foster program. We take on challenging and difficult to place foster dogs and train them so they become good citizens and adoptable. We are also very active with finding lost dogs in King and Snohomish counties and even have staff who are in training with their pup to track lost dogs so they can be reunited with their human companions!
We are not your ordinary facility; we love what we do and we make an active difference in the community. If you think you have what it takes to be a part of our human/dog pack, please read on!
Dog Wrangler Duties
The Dog Wrangler is responsible for supervising dogs during their daycare and open environment boarding visit, and oversees all aspects of care during their stay.
- Demonstrates leadership and provides vigilant supervision of a pack and pack play at all times and respond appropriately to any sign of inappropriate behavior, distress or emergency. Monitors, interacts, exercises and provides affection for each dog.
- Provides excellent customer service. Interacts with clients in person, over the phone and email. Takes payments, answers questions and explains Dogs-a-Jammin’ services and policies.
- Participates actively in team activities and communicates with supervisors and fellow colleagues. Provides feedback to team and team leaders.
- Provides a clean, sanitary and healthful environment by scooping poop, cleaning up messes, keeping water bowls clean and filled and maintaining cleanliness of areas and bedding.
- Prepares food and bowls, medication, bathes, and trims/dremels nails.
- Dedicated to continual learning and education, and participates in Dogs-a-Jammin’ sponsored education and events.
- Ensures a safe, secure, and sanitary environment for each dog, client and visitor of Dogs-a-Jammin’.
We have a strong benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, and continuing education opportunities. Additional perks include bring your pup to work with you after an introductory period!
Compensation: Minimum $14.00/hr, DOE (Depends on Experience)
- Walk and stand continuously throughout the day
- Work outdoors in all types of weather
- Lift and carry 50-75 lbs. without strain
- Reach, bend and kneel down
- Possess basic computer skills and basic math skills
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation (and of course comply with Washington state laws, such as having auto insurance)
- Own a cell phone and be 18 or older
- Two years of experience of animal experience and caring for animals
How to Apply
If you have what it takes to be a part of the Dogs-A-Jammin’ team, submit a complete application, which consists of:
1. Cover Letter
3 Employment Application at https://www.dogs-a-jammin.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/DAJ-Application-of-Employment-June-2018.pdf
Email your completed application packet in response to this ad or fax it to 425.788.BARK(2275)
Only candidates that are qualified for the job(s) and have submitted a complete packet of materials will be contacted.